‘Steaming your face is a great way to relax yourself and to release stress, the feelings is just amazing’
Hey lovelies, hope you are all doing great :). Before I prolong, I would like to apologies for taking so long to do this post since the time a posted a pic on Instagram saying I have a new SkinCare regime and I promised you guys that I will do a post on it. Yay it’s finally here, I’m excited to share this amazing regime with you lovelies which I believe will work wonders on you the same way it did for me.
About a year ago, a good friend of mine was telling me how important and how good it is to steam your face but I didn’t really take it seriously until recently when I began to have skin outbreaks. In my country, they have this popular saying that goes ‘Na tin kin make tin be’ I believe in English it means ‘something will happen that will make you do what you have to do,’ hahaha so in my case, my outbreak made me got into steaming my face at least 3 times a week.
Ok, I’m not going to bore you with my story because I know you want to know how I steam my face at home without going to the steam room.
Before your steam your face, always make sure you face is clean from any makeup, oil, lotion etc. because steaming opens up your pores and anything on your face will get in which will cause irritation or pimples. It helps circulation and opens up your pores so you can clean impurities. You should always start with a steam to do a steam facial followed by a facial mask is scrub to draw dirt from your pores.
What you need
A clean bowl
A big towel that will be able to cover both your head and the bowl
1. Boil some water in a kettle or a clean pot. You have to ensure that anything you decide to boil the water in is clean with a clear odour because trust me you don’t want to by smelling unpleasant smells whilst you are inhaling the steam.
2. Pour the boiling water into a deep crystal or ceramic bowl. If you have a nice bowl, go for it because part of the steaming experience is to feel beautiful. You can also use the pot you boil the water in if you are in a hurry lol.
3. Place the bowl of boiling water on a table, hold your face over the bowl of water, drape a towel over your head so that it creates a sort of tent covering both your head and the bowl. Keep your head over the steam for about 5-10 mins. Inhale and exhaling slowly enjoying the moment feeling at total peace, the pores opening and your mind relaxing. When you are done, wash you face with cold water and dry with a clean towel.
Do not steam your face for too long.
4. Mask or exfoliate your face. Check out related posts on my blog of how you can mask or exfoliate your face.
Here are the links
5. Moisturise your face and boom you are good to go :).
Please leave a comment below if you would like me to talk about anything else.
Follow me on:
For business bookings/ catering service, please email me at email@example.com
Thanks and stay tuneddd for more interest posts :).