Makeup is not one of the things I enjoy writing about as I don’t consider myself a makeup artist, I am just an artist for my own face lol. But as some of you have been asking about my makeup look and the products I use, I have decided to write a post on the products I use.
I don’t really use a lot of makeup as I naturally have a good skin that don’t require a lot of product. I also like the natural look.
I have opt for a all Mac products this season because I just want to. How ever there are always cheaper alternatives you can use to achieve the look.
To begin with, I firstly ensure that I have a clean face (How I clean my face). I then lightly moisturise my face using Shea butter and sunscreen moisturiser. My face is then ready to apply my makeup after this.
Here are the products I use.
1. Primer (Johnson baby powder): I use this to help the makeup stay longer an so also to achieve a matte look.
This is very cheap so I have no alternative recommendation.
2. Liquid Foundation (Mac Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 in NW47): I have been using this for years now and mainly in the winter because I like the texture as it is very ideal for my oily skin.
You can use the Sleek Liquid foundation which is cheaper, it does the same job but not water friendly, so stay away from water when you use it lol.
3. Setting Spray (Mac Prep & Prime Spray): I spray this on my foundation brush to blend in my foundation, I also use it on my eye shadow brushes to bring out the colours. I then use this spray after applying my makeup to remove all excess powder to give me a vibrant and glowing look. I absolutely love this product and I will recommend it.
No alternatives that I know of yet.
4. Concealer (Mac Solid Concealer in NW50): I use this to shape my eyebrows, I use a darker shade because it helps me to achieve a natural look. I also use this under my eye area to contour. Again I’ve been using this product for years and I’m a loyal fan.
You can try the Milani Concealer, it’s cheaper, last for a couple of hours but gets oily after some time.
5. Brow Pencil (Mac Brow Pencil): I use this to fill in my brows. I really like the natural look it gives. It’s a great product but it doesn’t last longer than 6 weeks.
Sleek Brow Pencil it is cheaper and does the same job. I will be using it next so I might just do a review on it when I do.
6. Powdered Foundation (Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation): I use this to set in my makeup, it’s my absolute favourite. It was the 1st makeup ever bought when I started wearing makeup. Yes I had an older cousin who loved Mac and introduced me to it.
Sleek Powdered Foundation is super cool, I use this mainly in the summer as I get darker and this really does the job for me.
7. Lipstick (Viva Glam by Mac): This is my everyday lipstick as I absolutely love a nude lip.
BarryM shade 150 is my favourite nude been using it for years, I’m just using the Mac one because I got it for free but will be going back to my BarryM real soon.
To make your makeup products last longer, I will advice you to look after your skin so that you wouldn’t have to use much makeup to coverup.
If you would like to see a post on how I apply these products on my face, please leave a comment below.
For more makeup post, follow me on: Instagram: @lizzylozzo
For business bookings, please email me at email@example.com
Thanks and stay tuneddd for more interest posts :).